Conference Table Seating Capacity Guide
How much space per user?
When trying to choose the appropriate size of your new conference table, seating capacity is determined by the amount of space between the people at your table.
- FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING: We’ve updated our charts using 42″ between seats, and a minimum table width of 60″. This assumes that meeting participants use masks. It is an informed guess, but has not been verified by health experts. You should use 48″ or more if you have a table and/or room big enough.
- The distance between users sitting next to each other is much smaller than the distance across a table. For instance, users on opposite sides of a 4′ wide modern conference room table, in a standard office chair, have about 7 feet of space between their heads.
- In pre-Covid days, we recommended a minimum of 30” per person for business situations.
- Traditionally, 36” per person is comfortable and appropriate for boardroom use. This dimension is also good for round conference tables.
- For situations where users’ needs more space (for instance, meetings where everyone has a computer and documents on the table), 42” is appropriate. For luxury situations, or Social Distancing, 48” is preferred.
- If you are not sure, contact us and we will help you. We can show you what sized table will fit in your room, and how many it will sit at various spacings between people. We’ll find a solution that will work both in the near future and once this virus is under control.
Per User Conference Table Minimum Size for Common Table Shapes:
This chart includes both Social Distancing and Traditional capacities. These are guidelines, and there is flexibility to fit your room. We make conference tables any size required. To see more detail on particular shapes, view Seating Capacity for Different ShapesChart of conference tables showing number of users for common sizes and shapes, with traditional spacing and Social Distancing spacing
|# of Users|
|# of Users|
|Rectangle||Boat||Square||Round||U, V, or Head |
|2||4||36 x 60||42 x 60||42 x 42||48||36 x 128|
|3-4||6||36 x 72||42 x 72||48 x 60||72||36 x 192|
|6||8||48 x 96||54 x 96||64 x 64||96||36 x 256|
|7-8||10||48 x 144||54 x 144||64 x 96||120||36 x 320|
|9-10||12||48 x 168||54 x 168||96 x 96||144||36 x 384|
|11-12||14||48 x 192||54 x 192||96 x 128||168||36 x 448|
|13-14||16||54 x 216||72 x 216||128 x 128||192||36 x 512|
|15-16||18||54 x 240||72 x 240||128 x 160||216||36 x 576|
|17-18||20||60 x 264||72 x 264||160 x 160||240||36 x 640|
|18-19||22||60 x 288||84 x 288||160 x 192||264||36 x 704|
|19-20||24||60 x 312||84 x 312||192 x 192||288||36 x 768|
|20-21||26||60 x 336||96 x 336||192 x 224||312||36 x 832|
|22-24||28||66 x 360||96 x 360||224 x 224||336||36 x 896|
|24-25||30||72 x 384||96 x 390||216 x 240||360||36 x 960|
Room Size Guide Table Shape Guide Conference Table Pricing