Room Size is a Driving Factor in Conference Table Size and Shape
Arguably the most important factor when choosing a conference table is the size of the room it will be in. Not only does the table itself need to fit in the space, but you need to have room for your participants to move around easily and comfortably while allowing space for any other furniture that is in your meeting room as well. Paul Downs can design and build a custom conference table of any size and shape to fit perfectly in any size room.
How to Choose the Right Size Table for Your Meeting Room
These guidelines will help you determine the maximum size boardroom or custom conference table that will fit in your meeting room:
- You want to determine the dimensions of the free space that can hold the table, so measure the room’s length and width and subtract obstructions such as columns and other furniture. (If your room is an odd shape, it’s best for us to analyze the space for you. We can do this by viewing the floor plans via an email to us. (We prefer .pdf or .dwg file format.)
- The clearance, or space between the table and the closest obstruction, varies with the size of the room. We use these dimensions:
- For spaces up to 16 feet long, minimum clearance is 42″ (3.5 feet) all around the table and 48″ (4 feet) is recommended.
- For spaces up to 22 feet long, minimum clearance is 48″ (4 feet) around the table and 60″ (5 feet) is recommended.
- For spaces over 22 feet long, minimum clearance is 60″ (5 feet) and 72″ (6 feet) is recommended.
- Subtract twice the clearance from the length and width of the room to find the table’s maximum dimensions:
Placement Within the Conference Room Can Vary
You don’t always need to allow the same amount of space all around the table, i.e. you might be able to have smaller clearance at the sides than at the end. Placement of doors in the room will determine circulation patterns around the table and we can analyze your floor plans to see what will work.
Conference room tables don’t always need to be placed in the center of the room either or oriented on the room’s major axes. If you are trying to seat a lot of people in a smaller room, then alternative placement should be considered. After reviewing your floor plans, our team of custom conference table experts will suggest placement options.
Your Custom Conference Table is Built for Easy Installation
Don’t worry about moving the whole table into your space. All of our tables are designed to be shipped in pieces and engineered for easy assembly and disassembly. Before we pack and ship your custom conference table, it is helpful for us to get the size dimensions of the elevators and doors used to access the space, particularly in older buildings.View Our Process
Paul Downs Can Create a Custom Conference Table for Any Size Room
At Paul Downs, we design and build custom conference tables for any size room. As a truly custom table provider, we are regularly challenged to find solutions to complex problems. Whether your conference room is an odd size or shape, we will be able to create a beautiful conference table that meets all of your needs. We can incorporate power and data integration and can even create modular conference room tables which adjust for various uses. We don’t mass-produce anything so we’re able to create one of a kind solutions. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Table Shape Guide Number of Seats Conference Table Pricing